- Manual Signatures Are Required On All Prescriptions (PDF)
- As of October 30, 2021, the DEA is implementing the mandatory use of a single sheet DEA 222 Order Form.
- Please note Registration Fee Increases Effective October 1, 2020.
- ALERT: Faxed-based phishing scams targeting Pharmacies
- Email Addresses are now required – Registrants must have a current and active email address listed on their registration in order to receive important information from the DEA, such as registration renewal notices.
- For security purposes we are no longer compatible with Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 or earlier versions. To ensure optimal experience the DEA recommends using Internet Explorer 9 or newer, Microsoft Edge, or the current versions of Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Apple Safari.
REVISED ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING RENEWAL APPLICATIONS
Starting June 2020, DEA will no longer send renewal notifications by US Postal Service. Instead, an electronic reminder to renew will be sent at 60, 45, 30, 15, and 5 days prior to the expiration date of the registration to the associated email address. All registrants should ensure that the email address listed on their registration is correct and active.
At this time, DEA will otherwise retain its current policy and procedures with respect to renewal and reinstatement of registration. This policy is as follows:
- If a renewal application is submitted in a timely manner prior to expiration, the registrant may continue operations, authorized by the registration, beyond the expiration date until final action is taken on the application.
- DEA allows the reinstatement of an expired registration for one calendar month after the expiration date. If the registration is not renewed within that calendar month, an application for a new DEA registration will be required.
- Regardless of whether a registration is reinstated within the calendar month after expiration, federal law prohibits the handling of controlled substances or List 1 chemicals for any period of time under an expired registration.
DEA Form 224a – Retail Pharmacy, Hospital/Clinic, Practitioner, Teaching Institution, or Mid-Level Practitioner
DEA Form 225a – Manufacturer, Distributor, Researcher, Analytical Laboratory, Importer, Exporter
DEA Form 363a – Narcotic Treatment Programs
DEA Form 510a – Domestic Chemical
DEA Form 224 – Retail Pharmacy, Hospital/Clinic, Practitioner, Teaching Institution, or Mid-Level Practitioner
DEA Form 225 – Manufacturer, Distributor, Researcher, Canine Handler, Analytical Laboratory, Importer, Exporter
DEA Form 363 – Narcotic Treatment Programs
DEA Form 510 – Domestic Chemical
This form is not for change of address or matters pertaining to the renewal of your registration. For these matters call 1-800-882-9539; for change of address, use the Address Changes Form.
- Modify business activity from Retail Pharmacy to Retail Online Pharmacy
- Modify business activity from Retail Online Pharmacy to Retail Pharmacy
- Modify existing Retail Online Pharmacy Information
As of October 30, 2021, the Drug Enforcement Administration is implementing the mandatory use of a single sheet DEA 222 Order Form and the triplicate DEA Order Forms will no longer be available or utilized as stated in the Code of Federal Regulations §1305.20(a). If you are needing to relinquish unused triplicate DEA Order Forms, please send them to DEA Registration Section, 8701 Morrissette Drive, Springfield, Virginia 22152.
Name Changes | Schedule Changes | Drug Code Changes | Address Changes - Do not submit this until you have an approved state license for the new address. Please note that these changes will become effective immediately upon DEA approval.
- Modify eligible DEA registration to collect pharmaceutical controlled substances from ultimate users (e.g., patients)
- Modify DEA registration to stop being a collector
- Modify existing collector registration information
- Download For Pipe Delimited Year Round Pharmaceutical Disposal Locations
- About Pipe Delimited File (PDF)
- Verification of DEA Registration - Conduct a verification of a DEA Registrant (DEA Registrant restricted access)
- Registrant Datasets Access - Download the Registrant Datasets for in-house verifications (DEA Registrant restricted access)
Registrant Population (Active)
DEA is announcing that, effective immediately, DOD personal service contractors will be issued a new DEA registration number that begins with the letter "G". This new first character will be in addition to the current first characters A, B, F of the DEA registration for practitioners. The G series DEA registration number will be listed in the database provided to NTIS and available on the DEA website validation query system.
Registrant type (first letter of DEA Number):
A/B/F/G – Hospital/Clinic/Practitioner/Teaching Institution/Pharmacy
M – Mid-Level Practitioner (NP/PA/OD/ET, etc.)
P/R – Manufacturer/Distributor/Researcher/Analytical Lab/Importer/Exporter/Reverse Distributor/Narcotic Treatment Program
Call DEA Registration Service Center at 1-800-882-9539 (8:30 am-5:50 pm ET)
Email: DEA.Registration.Help@usdoj.gov - Be sure to include your DEA Registration number in your email.