Notices - 2020
[Federal Register Volume 85, Number 200 (Thursday, October 15, 2020)]
From the Federal Register Online via the Government Publishing Office [www.gpo.gov]
[FR Doc No: 2020-22858]
DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
[OMB Number 1117-0043]
Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposed eCollection eComments Requested; Reinstatement of Previously Approved Collection: Drug Questionnaire
AGENCY: Drug Enforcement Administration, Department of Justice.
ACTION: 30-day notice.
SUMMARY: The Department of Justice (DOJ), Drug Enforcement Administration, will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
DATES: Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for 30 days until November 16, 2020.
ADDRESSES: Written comments and recommendations for the proposed information collection should be sent within 30 days of publication of this notice to www.reginfo.gov/public/do/PRAMain. Find this particular information collection by selecting "Currently under 30-day Review—Open for Public Comments" or by using the search function.
SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION: Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should
address one or more of the following four points:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Evaluate whether and if so how the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected can be enhanced; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Reinstatement of Previously Approved Collection.
(2) The Title of the Form/Collection: Drug Questionnaire.
(3) The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: The form number is the DEA-341. The sponsoring component is the Drug Enforcement Administration.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: The affected public are individuals seeking employment with the Drug Enforcement Administration.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 15,000 respondents will complete the questionnaire in approximately 5 minutes.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The estimated public burden associated with this collection is 1,250 hours. It is estimated that applicants will take 5 minutes to complete the questionnaire. The burden hours for collecting respondent data sum to 1,250 hours (15,000 respondents x 5 minutes = 75,000 hours. 75,000/60 seconds = 1,250 hours).
If additional information is required contact: Melody Braswell, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE, 3E.405B, Washington, DC 20530.
Dated: October 9, 2020.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2020-22858 Filed 10-14-20; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-09-P
NOTICE: This is an unofficial version. An official version of this publication may be obtained directly from the Government Publishing Office (GPO).