Notices - 2011
[Federal Register Volume 76, Number 201 (Tuesday, October 18, 2011)]
From the Federal Register Online via the Government Printing Office [www.gpo.gov]
[FR Doc No: 2011-26874]
DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
Drug Enforcement Administration
[OMB Number 1117-0012]
Agency Information Collection Activities: Proposed Collection; Comments Requested: Application for Registration, Application for Registration Renewal, Affidavit for Chain Renewal--DEA Forms 225, 225a, 225b
ACTION: 60-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until December 19, 2011. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments, especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact John W. Partridge, Chief, Liaison and Policy Section, Office of Diversion Control, Drug Enforcement Administration, 8701 Morrissette Drive, Springfield, VA 22152; (202) 307-7297.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information,
including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of Information Collection 1117-0012
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Application for Registration, Application for Registration Renewal, Affidavit for Chain Renewal.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: DEA Forms 225, 225a, 225b. Component: Office of Diversion Control, Drug Enforcement Administration, Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract:
Primary: Business or other for-profit.
Other: Not-for-profit institutions; State, local, and Tribal governments.
Abstract: The Controlled Substances Act requires all persons that manufacture, distribute, import, export, analytical laboratories, or conducts research with controlled substances to register with DEA. Registration provides a closed system of distribution to control the flow of controlled substances through the distribution chain.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: DEA Form 225 is submitted on an as-needed basis by persons seeking to become registered, DEA Form 225a is submitted on an annual basis thereafter to renew existing registrations, and DEA Form 225b is submitted annually for renewals of chain registrants.
|Average time per response||Total annual
|DEA–225 (paper)||465||0.5 hours (30 minutes)||232.5|
|DEA–225 (electronic)||1,562||0.17 hours (10 minutes)||260.33|
|DEA–225a (paper)||1,345||0.5 hours (30 minutes)||672.5|
|DEA–225a (electronic)||9,721||0.17 hours (10 minutes)||1,620.17|
|DEA–225b (chain renewal)*||4||1 hour||4|
* In total, 4 chains represent 85 individual registrant locations.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: It is estimated that there are 2,789.5 annual burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, Policy and Planning Staff, Justice Management Division, Department of Justice, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street, NE., Suite 2E-508, Washington, DC 20530.
Department Clearance Officer, PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2011-26874 Filed 10-17-11; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-09-P
NOTICE: This is an unofficial version. An official version of this publication may be obtained directly from the Government Publishing Office (GPO).