Notices - 2008
FR Doc E8-2497 [Federal Register: February 11, 2008 (Volume 73, Number 28)] [Notices] [Page 7763] From the Federal Register Online via GPO Access [wais.access.gpo.gov] [DOCID:fr11fe08-91]
DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
Drug Enforcement Administration
[OMB Number 1117-0007]
Agency Information Collection Activities: Proposed Collection; Comments Requested
ACTION: 30-Day Notice of Information Collection Under Review; Registrants Inventory of Drugs Surrendered--DEA Form 41.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 72, Number 234, page 68899 on December 6, 2007, allowing for a 60-day comment period. The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until March 12, 2008. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the items contained in this notice, especially the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20503. Additionally, comments may be submitted to OMB via facsimile to (202) 395-5806.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
--Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
--Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
--Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
--Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Registrants' Inventory of Drugs Surrendered--DEA Form 41.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: Form number: DEA Form 41. Component: Office of Diversion Control, Drug Enforcement Administration, U.S. Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Business or other for-profit. Other: Not-for-profit institutions, federal government, state, local or tribal government. Abstract: Title 21 CFR 1307.21 requires that any registrant desiring to voluntarily dispose of controlled substances shall list these controlled substances on DEA Form 41 and submit the form to the nearest DEA office. The DEA Form 41 is used to account for destroyed controlled substances, and its use is mandatory.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 22,500 respondents will respond annually, taking 30 minutes to complete each form.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 11,250 annual burden hours.
If additional information is required contact: Lynn Bryant, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, 601 D Street NW., Washington, DC 20530.
Dated: February 4, 2008.
Department Clearance Officer, PRA, Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. E8-2497 Filed 2-8-08; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-09-P
NOTICE: This is an unofficial version. An official version of this publication may be obtained directly from the Government Publishing Office (GPO).