Notices - 2004
FR Doc 04-24614 [Federal Register: November 4, 2004 (Volume 69, Number 213)] [Notices] [Page 64323] From the Federal Register Online via GPO Access [wais.access.gpo.gov] [DOCID:fr04no04-69]
DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
Drug Enforcement Administration
Agency Information Collection Activities: Poposed Collection; Comments Requested
ACTION: 60-day notice of information collection under review: Controlled Substances Import/Export Declaration--DEA Form 236.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), has submitted the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for "sixty days" until January 3, 2005. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments, especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Patricia M. Good, Chief, Liaison and Policy Section, Office of Diversion Control, Drug Enforcement Administration, Washington, DC 20537.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
--Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
--Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
--Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
--Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of information collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the form/collection: Controlled Substances Import/ Export Declaration--DEA Form 236.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: DEA Form 236. Office of Diversion Control, Drug Enforcement Administration, Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Business or other for-profit. Other: None. Abstract: The DEA-236 provides the DEA with control measures over the importation and exportation of controlled substances as required by United States drug control laws and international treaties.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: DEA estimates that it takes 30 minutes to complete each form. DEA estimates that 224 respondents respond as needed to this collection.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: DEA estimates that this collection has an annual burden of 2,170.5 hours.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Brenda E. Dyer, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Patrick Henry Building, Suite 1600, 601 D Street NW., Washington, DC 20530.
Dated: October 29, 2004.
Brenda E. Dyer,
Department Clearance Officer, Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 04-24614 Filed 11-3-04; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-09-P