Notices - 2000
[Federal Register: July 21, 2000 (Volume 65, Number 141)] [Notices] [Page 45411] From the Federal Register Online via GPO Access [wais.access.gpo.gov] [DOCID:fr21jy00-105]
DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
Drug Enforcement Administration
Agency Information Collection Activities: Proposed Collection; Comment Requested
ACTION: Notice of information collection under review; Extension of a currently approved collection; Annual Reporting Requirement for Manufacturers of Listed Chemicals.
Office of Management and Budget (OMB) approval is being sought for the information collection listed below. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on May 16, 2000, allowing for a 60-day public comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comment until August 21, 2000. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10. Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Office of Management and budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention: Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20503. Additionally, comments may be submitted to OMB via facsimile to 202-395-7285. Comments may also be submitted to the Department of Justice (DOJ), Justice Management Division, Information Management and Security Staff, Attention: Department Clearance Officer, Suite 1221, National Place Building, 1331 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20530. Additionally, comments may be submitted to DOJ via facsimile to (202) 514-1590.
Written comments and/or suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the function of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
- Type of information collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
- The title of the form/collection: Annual Reporting Requirement for Manufacturers of Listed Chemicals.
- The agency form number, if any and the applicable component of the department sponsoring the collection: Form No.: None. Applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: Office of Diversion Control, Drug Enforcement Administration, U.S. Department of Justice.
- Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Business or other for-profit. Other: None. Abstract: This information collection permits the Drug Enforcement Administration to monitor the volume and availability of domestically manufactured listed chemicals. These listed chemicals may be subject to diversion for the illicit production of controlled substances. This information collection is authorized by the Domestic Chemical Diversion Control Act of 1993 (Pub. L. 103-200; 21 U.S.C. 830(b)). This information is collected from businesses and other for-profit entities which manufacture listed chemicals domestically.
- An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond/reply: 100 respondents, 4 hours per response.
- An estimate of the total public burden in hours) associated with the collection: 400 annual burden hours.
Public comments on this proposed information collection are strongly encouraged.
If additional information is required contact: Mr. Robert B. Briggs, Department Clearance Officer, U.S. Department of Justice, Information Management and Security Staff, Justice Management Division, Suite 1221, National Place Building, 1331 Pennsylvania Ave., NW., Washington, DC 20530.
Dated: July 17, 2000.
Robert B. Briggs,
Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 00-18547 Filed 7-20-00; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-09-M
NOTICE: This is an unofficial version. An official version of this publication may be obtained directly from the Government Publishing Office (GPO).