Notices - 2000
[Federal Register: May 16, 2000 (Volume 65, Number 95)] [Notices] [Page 31193-31194] From the Federal Register Online via GPO Access [wais.access.gpo.gov] [DOCID:fr16my00-126]
DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
Drug Enforcement Administration
Agency Information Collection Activities: Proposed Collection; Comment Request
ACTION: Notice of information collection under review; Extension of a currently approved collection; Report of Mail Order Transactions.
This proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until July 17, 2000. Written comments and suggestions are requested from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information.
Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who
are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
If you have comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions, if applicable, or additional information, please contact Marc B. Golubock, Chief, Chemical Control Section, Office of Diversion Control, Drug Enforcement Administration, Washington, D.C. 20537, (202) 307-7204.
Overview of this information collection:
- Type of information collection: Extension of a currently approved collection
- The title of form/collection: Report of Mail Order Transactions.
- The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection:
Form No.: None.
Applicable components of the Department sponsoring the collection: Office of Diversion Control, Drug Enforcement Administration, U.S. Department of Justice.
- Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Business or other for-profit.
Abstract: The Comprehensive Methamphetamine Control Act of 1996 (Public Law 104-237) (MCA) amended the Controlled Substances Act to require that each regulated person who engages in a transaction with a non-regulated person which involves ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, or phenylpropanolamine (including drug products containing these chemicals) and uses or attempts to use the Postal Service or any private or commercial carrier shall, on a monthly basis, submit a report of each such transaction conducted during the previous month of the Attorney General.
- An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond/reply: 100 respondents; 1200 responses per year x 1 hour per response = 1200 hours.
- An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 1200 annual burden hours; 100 respondents x 12 hours per respondent per year.
If additional information is required contact: Mr. Robert B. Briggs, Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Information Management and Security Staff, Justice Management Division, Suite 1221, National Place Building, 1331 Pennsylvania Ave., NW, Washington, DC 20530.
Dated: May 9, 2000.
Robert B. Briggs,
Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 00-12253 Filed 5-15-00; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-09-M
NOTICE: This is an unofficial version. An official version of this publication may be obtained directly from the Government Publishing Office (GPO).