Notices - 1998
[Federal Register Volume 63, Number 144 (Tuesday, July 28, 1998)] [Notices] [Pages 40315-40316] From the Federal Register Online via the Government Printing Office [www.gpo.gov] [FR Doc No: 98-20032]
DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
Drug Enforcement Administration
Agency Information Collection Activities: Proposed Collection; Comment Request
ACTION: Notice of Information Collection Under Review; Extension of a currently approved collection: Controlled Substances Import/Export Declaration--DEA Form 236.
This proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until September 28, 1998. Request written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information.
Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
1. evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency/ component, including whether the information will have practical utility;
2. evaluate the accuracy of the agencies/components estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
3. enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
4. minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
If you have comments, suggestions or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions, if applicable, or additional information, please contact Patricia Good, 202-307-7197, Chief, Policy and Liaison Section, Office of Diversion Control, Drug Enforcement Administration, Washington, DC 20537.
Overview of This Information:
(1) Type of information collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) The title of the form/collection: Controlled Substances Import/ Export Declaration--DEA Form 236.
(3) The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: Form No.: DEA Form 236.
Applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: Office of Diversion Control, Drug Enforcement Administration, U.S. Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract:
Primary: Business or other for-profit.
Abstract: DEA-236 provides the DEA with control measures over the importation and exportation of controlled substances as required by both domestic and international drug control laws. Affected public consists of businesses or other for-profit organizations.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond/reply: 230 respondents. 12 responses per year x 15 minutes per response = 3 hrs.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 690 annual burden hours. 230 respondents x 3 hrs. per respondent per year.
If additional information is required contact: Mr. Robert B. Briggs, Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Information Management and Security Staff, Justice Management Division, Suite 850, Washington Center, 1001 G Street, NW, Washington, DC 20530.
Dated: July 22, 1998.
Robert B. Briggs,
Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 98-20032 Filed 7-27-98; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-09-M
NOTICE: This is an unofficial version. An official version of this publication may be obtained directly from the Government Publishing Office (GPO).