RESOURCES > Federal Register Notices > Notices - 1998 > Notice of Information Collection Under Review; Extension of a currently approved collection; Application for Registration Under Domestic Chemical Diversion Control Act of 1993 and Renewal Application for Registration under Domestic Chemical Control Act of 1993
Notices - 1998
[Federal Register Volume 63, Number 138 (Monday, July 20, 1998)] [Notices] [Page 38852] From the Federal Register Online via the Government Printing Office [www.gpo.gov] [FR Doc No: 98-19172]
DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
Drug Enforcement Administration
Agency Information Collection Activities: Proposed Collection: Comment Request
ACTION: Notice of Information Collection Under Review; Extension of a currently approved collection; Application for Registration Under Domestic Chemical Diversion Control Act of 1993 and Renewal Application for Registration under Domestic Chemical Control Act of 1993.
This proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until September 18, 1998. Request written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information.
Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
1. Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency/ component, including whether the information will have practical utility;
2. Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies/components estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
3. Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
4. Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
If you have comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions, if applicable, or additional information, please contact Patricia Good, 202-307-7297, Chief, Policy and Liaison Section, Office of Diversion Control, Drug Enforcement Administration, Washington, DC 20537.
Overview of This Information:
(1) Type of information collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) The title of the form/collection: Application for Registration Under Domestic Chemical Diversion Control Act of 1993 and Renewal Application for Registration under Domestic Chemical Diversion Control Act of 1993.
(3) The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: Form No.: DEA Form 510 and 510a.
Applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: Office of Diversion Control, Drug Enforcement Administration, U.S. Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract:
Primary: Business or other for-profit.
Other: Individuals or households.
Abstract: The Domestic Chemical Diversion Control Act requires that distributors, importers, and exporters of listed chemicals which are being diverted in the United States for the production of illicit drugs must register with DEA. Registration provides a system to aid in the tracking of the distribution of List I chemicals.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond/reply: 1,500 respondents. 1 response per year x 30 minutes per response = .50 hrs.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 750 annual burden hours. 1,500 respondents x .50 hrs. per respondent per year.
If additional information is required contact: Mr. Robert B. Briggs, Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Information Management and Security Staff, Justice, Management Division, Suite 850, Washington Center, 1001 G. Street, NW, Washington, DC 20530.
Dated: July 13, 1998.
Robert B. Briggs,
Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 98-19172 Filed 7-17-98; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-09-M
NOTICE: This is an unofficial version. An official version of this publication may be obtained directly from the Government Publishing Office (GPO).