Notices - 1998
[Federal Register Volume 63, Number 126 (Wednesday, July 1, 1998)] [Notices] [Pages 35954-35955] From the Federal Register Online via the Government Printing Office [www.gpo.gov] [FR Doc No: 98-17397]
DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
Drug Enforcement Administration
Agency Information Collection Activities: Extension of Existing Collection; Comment Request
ACTION: Notice of information collection under review; Application for Individual Manufacturing Quota for Basic Class of Controlled Substance; Extension of a Currently Approved Collection.
Office of Management and Budget approval is being sought for the information collection listed below. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on April 7, 1998 in volume 63, page 17017, allowed for a 60-day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public
comment until July 31, 1998. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Regulatory Affairs, Attention: Department of Justice Desk Office, Washington, DC 20530. Additionally, comments may be submitted to OMB via facsimile to (202) 395-7285. Comments may also be submitted to the Department of Justice (DOJ), Justice Management Division, Information Management and Security Staff, Attention: Department of Clearance Officer, Suite 850, 1001 G Street, NW., Washington, DC 20530. Additionally, comments may be submitted to DOJ via facsimile to (202) 514-1590.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
1. Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility.
2. Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
3. Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
4. Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of the information collection:
1. Type of Information Collection: Extension of currently approved collection.
2. Title of the Form/Collection: Application for Individual Manufacturing Quota for a Basic Class of Controlled Substance.
3. Agency form number: DEA Form 189, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Office of Diversion Control, Drug Enforcement Administration, Department of Justice.
4. Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Business or other for-profit.
Title 21, Section 1303.22 of the Code of Federal Regulations requires that any person who is registered to manufacture any basic class of controlled substance listed in Schedule I or II and who desires to manufacture a quantity of such class shall apply on DEA Form 189 for a manufacturing quota for such quantity of such class.
5. An estimate of the total estimated number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 27 respondents at approximately 10 responses per year at .5 hour per response.
6. An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 135 annual burden hours.
If additional information is required contact: Mr. Robert B. Briggs, Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Information Management and Security Staff, Justice Management Division, Suite 850, Washington Center, 1001 G Street NW., Washington, DC 20530.
Dated: June 24, 1998.
Robert B. Briggs,
Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 98-17397 Filed 6-30-98; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-09-M
NOTICE: This is an unofficial version. An official version of this publication may be obtained directly from the Government Publishing Office (GPO).