Notices - 1998
[Federal Register Volume 63, Number 66 (Tuesday, April 7, 1998)] [Notices] [Page 17017] From the Federal Register Online via the Government Printing Office [www.gpo.gov] [FR Doc No: 98-8598]
DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
Drug Enforcement Administration
Agency Information Collection Activities: Extension of a Currently Approved Collection; Comment Request
ACTION: Application for individual manufacturing quota for a basic class of controlled substance.
The information collection is published to obtained comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until June 8, 1998.
We are requesting written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the collection of information. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
1. Evaluate whether the collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
2. Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
3. Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
4. Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time should be directed to Mr. Frank Sapienza, 202-307-7183, Chief, Drug and Chemical Evaluation Section, Office of Diversion Control, Drug Enforcement Administration, Washington, DC 20537. If you have additional comments, suggestions, or need a copy of the information collection instrument with instructions, or additional information, please contact Mr. Frank Sapienza.
Additionally, comments may also be submitted to the Department of Justice (DOJ), Justice Management Division, Information Management and Security Staff, Attention: Department Clearance Officer, Suite 850, Washington Center, 1001 G Street, NW, Washington, DC 20530. Additional comments may be submitted to DOJ via facsimile at 202-514-1590.
Overview of this information collection:
1. Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
2. Title of the Form/Collection: Application for Individual Manufacturing Quota for A Basic Class of Controlled Substance.
3. Agency form number: DEA Form 189; Applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Office of Diversion Control, Drug Enforcement Administration, Department of Justice.
4. Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Business or other for-profit. Other: None.
Title 21, CFR, 1303.22 requires that any person who is registered to manufacture any basic class of controlled substance listed in Schedule I or II and who desires to manufacture a quantity of such class shall apply on DEA Form 189 for a manufacturing quota for such quantity of such class.
5. An estimate of the total estimated number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: 27 respondents at approximately 10 responses per year at .5 hour per response.
6. An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 135 annual burden hours.
Public comment on this proposed information collection is strongly encouraged.
Dated: March 27, 1998.
Robert B. Briggs,
Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 98-8598 Filed 4-6-98; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-09-M
NOTICE: This is an unofficial version. An official version of this publication may be obtained directly from the Government Publishing Office (GPO).