Notices - 2013
[Federal Register Volume 78, Number 8 (Friday, January 11, 2013)]
From the Federal Register Online via the Government Printing Office [www.gpo.gov]
[FR Doc No: 2013-00436]
DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
Drug Enforcement Administration
[OMB Number 1117-0038]
Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposed Collection; Comments Requested: Reporting and Recordkeeping for Digital Certificates
ACTION: 60-Day notice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until March 12, 2013. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments, especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Cathy Gallagher, Chief, Liaison and Policy Section, Office of Diversion Control, Drug Enforcement Administration, 8701 Morrissette Drive, Springfield, VA 22152.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of Information Collection 1117-0038:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Reporting and recordkeeping for digital certificates.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection:
DEA Form 251: CSOS DEA Registrant Certificate Application.
DEA Form 252: CSOS Principal Coordinator/Alternate Coordinator Certificate Application.
DEA Form 253: CSOS Power of Attorney Certificate Application.
DEA Form 254: CSOS Certificate Application Registrant List Addendum.
CSOS Certificate Revocation.
Office of Diversion Control, Drug Enforcement Administration, Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract:
Primary: Business or other for-profit.
Other: Non-profit, State and local government.
Abstract: Persons use these forms to apply for DEA-issued digital certificates to order Schedule I and II controlled substances. Certificates must be renewed upon renewal of the DEA registration to which the certificate is linked. Certificates may be revoked and/or replaced when information on which the certificate is based changes.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond:
Total number of respondents: 45,450 per year and 136,351 for the three-year period.
Average time to respond: 0.58 hours.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: It is estimated that there are 26,361 annual burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, Policy and Planning Staff, Justice Management Division, Department of Justice, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., Suite 3W-1407, Washington, DC 20530.
Dated: January 8, 2013.
Department Clearance Officer, PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2013-00436 Filed 1-10-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-09-P
NOTICE: This is an unofficial version. An official version of this publication may be obtained directly from the Government Printing Office (GPO).