Notices - 2012
[Federal Register Volume 77, Number 210 (Tuesday, October 30, 2012)]
From the Federal Register Online via the Government Printing Office [www.gpo.gov]
[FR Doc No: 2012-26610]
DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
Drug Enforcement Administration
[OMB Number 1117-0034]
Agency Information Collection Activities: Proposed Collection; Comments Requested:
Collection of Laboratory Analysis Data on Drug Samples Tested by Non-Federal (State and Local Government) Crime Laboratories
ACTION: 60-Day notice of information collection under review.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until December 31, 2012. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments, especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Cathy Gallagher, Chief, Liaison and Policy Section, Drug Enforcement Administration, Office of Diversion Control, 8701 Morrissette Drive, Springfield, VA 22152.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
--Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
--Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
--Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
--Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Collection of Laboratory Analysis Data on Drug Samples Tested by Non-Federal (State and Local Government) Crime Laboratories.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection:
Form Number: none.
Office of Diversion Control, Drug Enforcement Administration, U.S. Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract:
Primary: State, Local or Tribal Government.
Abstract: Information is needed from state and local laboratories to provide DEA with additional analyzed drug information for the National Forensic Laboratory Information System.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that there are one hundred forty (140) total respondents for this information collection. One hundred thrity-four (134) respond monthly at .13 hour (8 minutes) for each response and six (6) respond quarterly at .13 hour (8 minutes) for each response, for a total number of 1632 responses.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: It is estimated that there are 218 annual burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department
Clearance Officer, Policy and Planning Staff, Justice Management Division, Department of Justice, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., Suite 3W-1407B, Washington, DC 20530.
Dated: October 25, 2012.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2012-26610 Filed 10-29-12; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-09-P
NOTICE: This is an unofficial version. An official version of this publication may be obtained directly from the Government Printing Office (GPO).